Monday, April 5, 2010

Who stands for me?

Who will stand for me and tell the world about me?
How can they come to me if no one speaks for me?
Will you tell them of my love?
A love that started before they were born.
And that reaches across the hands of time.
A love that would reach from heaven throne
And rested as a babe inside a stable manager.
A love that desires to meet man’s every need
And give love, hope, joy, and peace.
A love that woes their heart with everlasting love
And calls longingly for His bride.
A love that knit them wonderfully and skillfully inside the womb.
And that at the perfect moment birth life into them.
A love that reached out to them with arms open wide.
And that searched and called for them to come home.
A love that directs your paths and steps
And tell them where to stop and rest.
A love that saw their sin and hopelessness
And built a bridge back home where there was none.
A love that is selflessly, flawless, and complete.
And took their shame upon the cross.
A love that looked Death and Hell in the face
And said you are defeated, I have won.
A love that sent heaven’s angels to minister to man
And set upon the judgment seat, wait for the last man to come
Answering His call to come back home.

Who will stand for me?
Who will tell the world about me?
Will it be you? Are you up to the task?
Will you give a cup of water in my name to thirsty in the Sudan?
Will you give living water to their soul?
Will you give a sandwich to the homeless?
Will you bless them with living bread?
Can you translate my word into another language so that they can understand?
Will you hand out a Bible?
Can you travel to the mission field and become a fisherman of man?
Can you give up a treasured dollar to help others reach a soul?
Do you have a voice, to raise in song or praise?
Can you preach or share my word?
Will you write a letter to speak for Israel or the Jewish people?
Will you vote to save to unborn?
Will you do what right when no one is looking?
Will you serve your boss as if he were I?
Can you be a friend to those who are unloved?
Will you serve a Mom or Dad to those who have none?
Can you sent a package to a service man?
Can you encourage the dishearten and weary?
Can you put your arms around the batter, abused or raped?
Can you reach out to those trying to kill their pain with drugs, alcohol, or sex?
Will you shed a tear for who live in fear and hopelessness?
Can you cry with those who have lost spouse, parent or child?
Can you visit a prison or a nursing home?
Can you send a card to remind someone that I love them?
Will you pick up the phone and invite someone to study God word?
Can you give a bowl of chicken soup?
Can you anoint the sick with healing hands?
Will you love your spouse and kids as I have loved you?
Will you take your kids to church?
Will you give up your time to pray for others souls?
Can you rock a babe to sleep with God’s lullaby?
Can you teach a class in my name?
Will you invite your neighbor to come?
Will you forgive someone who hurt you?
Will you pray for your enemy’s salvation
Including those who wage a Holy War against us?
Will you live your life in such a way to make them ask of me?
Can you show my joy even in the hard times? Other’s are looking at you.
Can you still trust me, even when you can’t see what I doing?
Will you lay down your life for me and take up my cross?
Would you go to jail for me, or take a bullet for me?
No one can do it all, everyday. What can you do today?
Who will stand for me? Who will tell the world what I have done?
Will it be you or will you fail one more time to do what I have asked?
Time is running out, soon there will be no more time to act?
What will you say to those you failed to love? What will you say to me?
Kathy Barnes
Copyright 3-21-09

No comments: