Monday, April 5, 2010

The Precious Blood of Jesus

Many, many years ago, God made a covenant of blood
With our father Abraham and his many children yet unborn
Honored year by year by shedding blood that ran as rivers
To cover the sins of Adam’s children for another year.
Two thousand year ago, He made a better covenant
Born of the sacrifice of the blood of a spotless lamb,
The first-born child of Mary, and only child of God.
The precious blood that once and forever washed
Man’s sins away and leaving him white as snow.
It was for me His blood was open and spilled out.
It was shed as large drops sweat fell from an anguished face
Grieved to the point of death in the Garden of Gethsemane
Asking for this cup to pass and that He might be released
From the pressure, trails and temptations to come.
They fell as He surrendered His will to the Father’s will.
They fell for I would need His strength to overcome my own trails.
In Herod’s court, He was bruised and beaten for my iniquity.
There he took the wickedness of man inside him
Bleeding internally for the evil and injustices of man.
His innocent blood cleansing my heart and sanctifying it
For only it has the power to wash away my sin.
They placed upon His sacred hallowed head
Not a crown of gold, but a crown of thorns to prick His brow.
As His divine blood was running free, it covered my mind
Freeing it to find victory over Satan lies and releasing me to life.
A cat of nine tails open up His back until the bone was seen.
Scourged to near death He bled for my wellbeing,
So that I might receive total healing in body, mind and spirit.
As a lamb lead to slaughter He headed up Cavalry’s hill.
Hands that offered up blessing and anointing of their creator
Were open wide and nailed in shame to an old wooden cross.
From there His love was poured out as a gift from the Father
To restore, redeem, and purchase sinful man from death’s curse.
The feet that walked on water, too were driven to the stake.
The blood footprints show us the way that we are to walk.
Pointing out the step of ministry that we are to take.
Reminding us of the cost the Father and the Son paid for us.
Last the soldier pierced the side of Jesus
As blood and water burst forth in one last act of love.
The blood that covered my death to self and my resurrection to life
Was poured out lavishly and profusely over me that day.
Nothing but that holy blood has the power to revive my soul.
It cannot be bought or earned, but only freely given and received.
Why He chose to do so for me I will never understand.
Jesus blood is more precious that gold, diamonds, or riches untold
For you see it should have been my blood upon that tree.
When I could not meet the burden of the law
God made a way to bring me back into living covenant
Feeding me with the bread of life and giving me living water to drink
That I might again be filled with glory of fragrance of His love.
Forever will I surround to that precious, treasured. beloved blood
For my salvation rest in the Messiah blood alone.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 3-2010

No comments: