Monday, April 5, 2010

Who am I?

I am the child unwanted, unloved and unplanned.
I am the woman that is batter and broken.
I am the imperfect, ugly and fat
Even the love I give is unacceptable.
I am rejected by husbands, church, and man.
I am the ungifted, untalented, lacking value
That will never amount to anything.
I am the homeless and the sick.
I am the poor and defenseless
That is overlooked or picked on.
I am the worker no one wants
And the floor mat everyone takes from.
I am lonely and abandoned
By those that should have love me.
And left to make it on my own.
I am a powerless victim
I am void of all hope and love
That would welcome the comfort of a grave.
This is who the world said that I am.

Those who become Christians become new persons. I am not the same anymore for the old life is gone. A new life has begun! 2 Corinthians 5:17
I am confident of this very thing, that He which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ. Philippians 1:6

GOD SAID
I am loved so much that God would give up his only son
that I might have an everlasting life. John 3:16
I am loved so much that God would accept me
And adopt me as His own precious child. Galatians 4:5
See how very much our heavenly Father loves me,
for He allows me to be called his child and I really am. 1 John 3:1
Before I formed in the womb, He knew me;
And before I was born I was consecrated to You. Jer 1:5
For You didst from my inward parts;
You didst weave me in my mother’s womb.
You caused me to be fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are You works, And my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book they were all written,
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them. Ps 139: 13-16
But God demonstrated His own love toward me, that while I was yet a sinners, Christ died for me. Romans 5:8
Christ did seek the lost, bring me back, bind up my brokenness, and strengthening my sick. He will feed His flock and give them rest. Ezekiel 34: 15-16
He was wounded for my transgressions, He was bruised for my iniquities, the chastisement for my peace and by His stripes I am healed Is 53:4-5
Christ heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. Ps 147:3
Christ pardons all my iniquities, heals all my diseases,
He redeems my life from the pit,
And crowns me with loving kindness and compassion,
He satisfied my years with good things
So that my youth is renewed like the eagles. Ps 103: 3-5
God has said, “ I will never, never fail you nor forsake you.” Hebrews 13: 5
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. John 14:18
“I know the plans that I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans for a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Roman 8:28
My God shall supply all your needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19
The Lord will give grace and glory: No good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Depend on the Lord in whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3
O taste and see that the Lord is good: How blessed is the man that takes refuge in Him! Ps 34: 8
The Lord is a strong fortress. The Godly run to him and are safe. Proverbs 18:10
The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer,
My God, my rock in whom I take refuge;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
And I am saved from my enemies. PS 18:2-3
God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Ps 46:1
Cast your burden upon the lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken Ps 55:22

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 5-19-09

No comments: