Thursday, April 1, 2010

Call to War

I heard the rumors of war but tried to turn away
It was someone else’s problems
I could not make a difference
After all I was only one, what difference could I make?
I am no David able to slay giants.
I believe Satan lies that this was not my fight.
War is messy and does not fit my orderly day.
War is costly the price is high and sometime deadly.
War is time consuming, rarely over in a day.
War is hard work, tiring, and painful.
I tried to ignore the call to fight
Because I was not willing to pay the cost.
However, the war came to me anyway
Costing more than I dreamed possible.
It came when the courts allowed the sacrifice innocent life.
It came when prayer was outlawed from public places.
It came when family values where replaced
With the choice of life styles and ramped divorce.
It came when we allowed others to raise our children.
It came when air waves open our ears to profanities
And the internet open up eyes to secret perversions of every kind.
It came with a fierily blast on 9-11, stealing thousands of lives.
It came when we gave up our God given rights
To a government that promised to meet our needs
With cars, loans, bailout, welfare checks and free healthcare.
It came when we failed to support Israel
And welcomed its division.
It came when we turn our backs to God
And said there were many way to reach Him.
It came when jobs, houses, and pleasures took His place.
It came when we believed Satan lies that we were defeated.

Because I was not prepared to fight
I found myself blitzed and losing ground fast
I was wounded and badly beaten
And forced to sound retreat.
Finial I found a foothold where I could stand my ground.
I was joined by others that too had been taken by surprise.
Maybe it was late, but now we knew we were in a fight for our life.
We rally our supplies and faith.
We repented of our folly and indifference.
We put on our armor of righteousness.
We picked up our swords of truth.
We lifted high our shields and pushed forward.
Our battle, we now covered with prayer and the blood.
The angels joined our cause for justice.
The trumpet of victory was heard again.
Others who had still been asleep
Now awoke from their stupider
And they two now joined our combat.
Rallying behind our Banner
We started to turn the tide back
For there is power in Christ’s name.
The battle for justice will be won
Evil will ultimately be defeated.
The final results are already recorded.
However, we cannot give up the fight in the mean time.
We must make our voices heard again.
We must stand for what is right and holy.
We must remember our convictions and stand by them.
We must rebuild the walls around our cities.
We must reclaim our churches and homes as our own.
We must battle with our prayers for our families.
We must fight with our votes and our letters for our nation.
We must contest the unjust ruling of the courts.
We must combat ignorance were ever it is found.
We must summit to our true provider and protector
And not czars, unjust rulers and Godless leaders.
We must let our light shine forth for the entire world to see.
We must drive out all the darkness from this land.
We must stand firm and rebuke Satan’s lies.
If we fail to rally to God’s cry to repent
Then we will fall with the heathens, and taste God’s wrath likewise.
Whatever we choose, victory will be His
Even if He has to raise up dry bones for soldiers.
The battle cry for war has been sounded
You can no longer afford to straddle the fence.
So choose today whom you will serve
Your life depends on it.


Kathy Barnes
Copyrighted 8-25-09

No comments: