Monday, April 5, 2010

The Sun Come Up

The Sun Comes Up And The Sun Goes Down

The sun comes up and the sun goes down on yet another day
I have ran the whole day from one place to another
So much to accomplish, so much to do,
As I try to deal with the daily crises on my own.
I strive to get everything done at work that must be done, and fail.
Then cook and clean and feed the animals.
I hug the family; say I love you, while going through the motions,
Not truly see their needs, so caught up in my own.
Exhausted I slip into bed and hope for sleep release.
I toss and turn not able to release my cares, my fears or my pain.
My heart cries out and speaks of loneliness,
It complain that the hole in it is growing,
Slowly devouring it piece by piece, one section at a time dying.
It screams at me that you are not living just existing.
Can’t you see you are at death door? I turn up the TV.
I drag myself out of bed and say “What for? Why is life so hard?”
I grab a liquid breakfast of caffeine and running out the door reluctantly admit that I am already defeated, the battles lost.


The sun comes up and the sun goes down on yet another day.
In the still of the morning sun, I take a moment to be still and listen.
I take the time to thank God for the beauty I see around me
The breath He has given me today, His strength and power.
I have so much to do today I can’t possible get it done without Him.
I need His wisdom, for I don’t know how to best handle the daily trials.
The day flies by and I don’t understand how the mountain of errands get accomplished but some how they do. Why did they seem so big?
I look around and see others that need hugged and lifted up.
I am so full of love it is easy to give some of it away.
I don’t have to be afraid that somehow I be shorted.
My needs are meet, so I can afford meet others needs.
I turn off the TV and my thoughts reflect upon the day.
I am reminded that I am never alone. God has surely blessed me.
I am in awe of His love, and my heart explodes joy.
I crawl into bed as I lay the cares and burdens of the day down and drift into sweet sleep.
Refreshed I wake, ready to master another day, to be victorious.

Any fool can tell which day to choose, what gives the best results.
More days that I care to admit, he is wiser than I am.
Some times, I get so lost chasing what is good; I fail to ask what is best.
The gods of money, honor, power, belongings, time and family draw my eye away from Him.
My fears boisterously speak what the heart does not truly believe.
My pride speaks and says I can do it. No need to bother the Master.
I have the resources and wisdom to deal this problem, I don’t require help. Someone may think me weak if I ask for help.
Worst some days this broken earthen vessels longs to be equal to it Maker. Declaring that it know best, it fruitlessly strives to be perfect.
If I am not in control of everything, then I stand a chance of being hurt.
If people could see the real, me then they would all turn away. I can’t let anyone close especially God.
Some days I am so caught up in myself that I can think of no one else.
I turn my back to the cross, to it cost, to God’s love.
Just like a spoil rebellious child, I demand my own way.
Loving Father that He is, He let me choose my day
When I hurt enough cry out to Him to rescue me, He is there waiting.
He is quick to forgive, to restore, and to lovingly call me home once more.
But as I draw closer to Him, slowly changing into His likeness, I see glimpses of His heart and it breaks mine for I can see the pain I cause.
How many tears have I made you shed? How many times have I ripped Your heart into pieces? Way too many times, Lord. One would be too much.

The sun comes up and the sun goes down on yet another day.
I start again and pray for the sense to choose wisely,
Not just to avoid my pain if I do not, but because I love You.
I may fail another day, but I will always come back to You for You have love me when I was unlovable, lost in sin.
Without You I am hopeless, Without You nothing else matters, life is pointless, not worth living, full on only pain.
Without You there is only death and a pit of fire.
I can think of nothing worst than to be forever cut off from You love,
Never to be able to see Your face.
I long for the day You come back for Your bride, and I can be perfected.
I will enter into your banquet feast and spend forever basking in Your glory. Oh, to be able to live daily in Your presences.
A thousand years is not enough time to sing praise to Your name or begin to thank You for all You have done for me. Do not tarry come quickly my King, my Lord, my Husband for I look eagerly for Your return.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 09-04-08

No comments: