Thursday, April 1, 2010

Give Thanks

It is good to give thanks unto the Lord,
To declare His never ending mercy and unmerited grace,
For they are as endless as the stars in the sky
And powerful enough to defeat even death and sin.
I will exalt Jesus name and His alone,
Above every other name for it, deserve my tribute, my service.
It is wise to praise His holiness and righteousness,
To speak of His glory and purity.
He alone is impartial, honorable, and true.
He sees into man’s heart and knows it ways.
Only He has the right to pronounce judgment.
He can see the past, present and future.
He alone is wise enough to lay out its plan for hope.
There is no need to fear, for He has won the battle.
The world and hearts still bend to His control.
The voice that spoke the world into existence
The hand that molded the clay and formed man
Is still the Great I am, just as powerful, and living.
He is truth and no falsehood can be found in Him.
He will not desecrate His promises
Even when I fail Him and break my own.
He will not abandon me in my time of need.
I may turn my backs to Him, but He will never do the same.
Blessed are those who affirm His word,
And proclaim His faithfulness to keep it.
Blessed are those who are forgiven,
And sanctified with His blood,
And cleanse of all unrighteousness
Who are entitled to stand in His presence by grace
And given the privilege to come before the throne
To fall at His feet and worship Him.
To sing with the faithful His adorations
To dance with the angels in joy of His wonders and mercy.
Blessed are those who are called His children
For He is a loving and tender father
Wanting only the best for His children.
He blesses them abundantly and takes excellent care of them
Providing for their ever need beyond what they could dream.
Their faith and trust in Him will not be put to shame.
He sends His angels to protect and watch over His children.
With time, He brings good even from bad that happen to them.
And though we cannot see the reasons why and fail to understand
We can trust His heart and rest in His perfect peace.
As a loving Father does, He disciplines us in love, not anger.
He does not take pleasure or horde our failures again us.
Gentle and patiently, He guide us back to Him truth,
While He waits with open arms for our return.
No matter how many time we break His heart
His knows only one answer unbreakable, unrelenting love.
How blessed are those that know it joy and ecstasy.
How wonderful to be able to enter into His presences and cry Abba.
He washes away my tears and sorrows and grants me peace
Even if my heart is braking, or the world is falling apart
We need not fear it outcome, for He is for us.
He is a rock, a strong fortress that we can run unto and be safe.
For He will never fail us or let us be taken from His hand.
I will give thanks for the love, the nails, the cross, and precious blood
That saved me, poor contemptible sinful thing that I am.
I will praise Him for He that pulled me out of the pit and mire
And place my feet firmly upon the high cliffs of His holy mountain.
I will acclaim to the end of the Earth and unto my last breath
That Jesus is my Lord, my King, my Savior in Him I will put my trust.
To Him I surrender my heart, my life, my hopes, my dreams,
For He is all that is important, all that is worth dying or living for.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 5-8-09

No comments: