Thursday, April 1, 2010

Road to the Mountain Top

I have been in the valley so deep
That I thought it a bottomless basin
Whose grasp I could never escape.
I had been thrown in the blazing fire.
I feared it to be an inferno that would never end
And I was nearly consumed by it.
It flames seem to evaporate all joy
And consumed all hope of a future.
I have walked through the desert
Scorching hot, lost without direction
For what seemed like an eternity.
My path was hidden from me
And I did not understand why I could not find it
And why my cries for help fell on deaf ears
For I had forgotten to whom I belonged.
My enemies pushed me toward the pit
Demanding my destruction and death.
All my strength had left my body
And it no longer prevail against the attack.
My faith seemed to have fail me and retreated
On the mighty seas of doubts and fears.
I have said that no one remember me
That I was all alone and forsaken
Forgotten even by family and friends.
And I believe I was abandon by God himself.
I could find no comfort, no solace.
Love arms were a distant memory.
My heart was shattered into a million pieces
For it could not retain life’s sorrows.
Each piece was more damaged than next
Knowing only depression and misery.
I said it is no use and I longed to be dry bones
So that the pain and sorrow would know and end.


When I could bear, no more Jesus took me by His side
And said, Lend on me for I am strong and you are weak.
My child you are not alone and unloved
As you have imagined it, for I have never left you.
You have only taken you eyes of me
And tried to stand in your own power.
Trusting in your eyes and not my heart
You tired to chart your own path.
Walk beside me, not ahead where there is danger
Tomorrow holds enough troubles.
Nor walk behind where you can be lost in past failures.
I know the path that best for you. I see your future.
Stay close to me and I will protect you.
Delight in my glory and my being.
Be still. Sit here and rest in shadow of presences.
Its love will quench the fiery flames of life
And fill your soul with living water.
Restoring your soul, your spirit, and body
For I am your hope and future
And you have not begun to dream
Of all I have prepared for you.
You are my true love, my bride to be.
I have already released my blessings
And poured out my gifts on you.
All that is required is that you open
Up your hand and heart to receive them.
They have already been bought and paid in full.
Eat of my bread and see that it is sweet and good.
I will wipe away your tears of sorrow
For they are only for a season
So that you may know your heart and learn to trust mine.
I will place you on the mountaintops in blessed ecstasy.
I will give you hind’s feet so that you will leap with joy
And it will be seven times great than your pain.
One day we will be reunited dancing across the floor of heaven
To the songs and praise of angels forevermore.
But until then know that I am always in your heart
And you are always within mine
And it will be well with your soul.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 10-3-09

No comments: