Thursday, April 1, 2010

Peace Be Still

Peace be still my trouble soul,
The great I AM is still alive and active,
So calm the waves of the storms and rest in ease
Despite the troubles and trials of the day.
Be strong my heart and take courage
Trusting only in Adonai’s goodness
For He will sustain you in the desert
And will cause the winter of difficulty
To melt into the hope of spring’s jubilee.
Wait for Yeshua to come near to you
As the ground waits for the first and second rains
To bring forth it fruit and bounty
In both your being and the works of your hands.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve you.
Do not give in to fear for He is with you.
Wait on Him and let His light shine forth.
He directs my path and my steps,
Leading me in the truth and teaching me
For He is the blessed God of my salvation
Who adopts me as His own child.
By faith I wait for your righteousness
To fall down on me and cleanse the spirit within me.
With your eye, you will guide me
To pasture filled with the green grass of rest
And I will wait there for Your guidance.
I hunger for your voice and I wait patiently for it.
I have no appetite for my ear’s to be tickled
But passionately covet the voice of my shepherd.
My soul languishes for Your word
To become alive in active in my heart.
For it, I will eagerly await from sunup to sundown.
I yearn for your spirit to set fire to my heart
Burning away sin’s hold, purifying it,
And filling it with Your love and compassion.
I am craving for You to touch my soul
And cause it to sing for joy and hope.
It is my desire to be immersed in Your presences.
Your glory, Your holiness, Your face I seek.
Wait my soul for His glory and blessing
To shine down on you and bring you life.
Body, you are weak, tired and worn down
But He is strong, powerful, and victorious.
Oh my troubled, fearful, worried soul wait on Him
For those that wait on the Lord
Will gain new strength
They will mount up with wings like eagles,
They will run and not get tired,
The will walk and not become weary.
Let me not grow impatient
And leave before He fills my soul
With all that, He has desired to give me.
Like Martha, I am always in a hurry
And have so many things to do
But I need to set at His feet
And open my ear and heart
To His pleasures and wishes.
I want everything done yesterday
Nevertheless I need to find time
To lay prostrate at the foot of the cross
And wait in its beautiful promises
Of love, forgiveness, mercy, and hope
Until my soul is renewed with life and joy.
Let me not lose heart at doing good
For in time I will reap the benefits.
Peace be still my trouble soul
Wait on the Lord God of Israel
For He is faithful and He will not fail you
And in His time He makes all things beautiful.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 7-25-09

No comments: