Monday, April 5, 2010

The Battle

I stand at the foot of a great mountain overwhelm by it difficulty.
Its peaks are considerable and formidable obstacles.
It seems frightening, terrifying and arduous.
I shrink away intimidated by the difficultly of overcoming it.
I ask how I can ever gain victory in this situation.
The thought of another war crushes and devastates my soul.
Fear and doubt begin to engulf my hope and still my joy.
My spirit says that it has fallen down for the last time
It cannot climb again to the top of the summit.
I look up in the distance to see a banner on the zenith.
It cries out for conquest, triumph, and success to prevail.
Its trumpets sound the cries to arise once more for battle.
The call comes to take substance and prepare yourself for combat.
Drink of the living water, and eat of the bread of life and word of truth
That you may be renewed and strengthen.
Pick up your shield and go forward with hind’s feet
Covering your situation with prayers and trust in God.
Lift up your eyes to see heaven’s warriors for you are not alone.
Wrestle and struggle with the conflict of doubts no more
For He that is in you is great that he that is in the world.
It is in the power of the name of Jesus and the blood of Christ that defeats all foes.
It is faith in the power of the cross that causes the mountains to surrender.
So stand strong and to not be tossed about by the fray
And rally to the banner holding tight to its standard.
It is only a matter of time until defeat is admitted
And Satan relinquishes his temperate hold on all the spoils of war.
I take heart for the victory is ours, we cannot be defeated.
Christ has already won the war.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 12-3-09

No comments: