Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spiritual Gifts

Commandments of Jesus Christ
Given by Him to Believers
That We Should be Following
Concerning Spiritual Gifts and Witness.

Luke 24:49
And behold, I am sending forth the promise of My Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.

Matthew 28:19-20
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

Matthew 9:37-38
The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Therefore, beseech the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into His Harvest.

Matthew 10:7-8
And as you go, preach, saying The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons; freely you received, freely give.

Mark 16:17-18
And these signs will accompany those who have believed in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it shall not hurt them; they will lay hand on the sick, and they will recover.

Matthew 25:35-36, 40
For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me: I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me. … Truly, I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.

Mark 6:7, 12-13 Luke 9:1-2
And He summoned the twelve and began to send them out in pairs; and He was giving them authority over the unclean spirits. … And they were casting out many demons and were anointing with oil many sick people and healing them.

Mark 9:39-40
But Jesus said, Do not hinder him, for there is no one who shall perform a miracle in My name, and be able soon afterward to speak evil of Me. For he who is not against us is for us.

John 14:12-13
Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do: because I go to the Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Matthew 18:18-20
Truly I say to you whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.

Other Promises of God
About Spirit Gifts

Joel 2:28-32 Acts 2:17
And it shall be in the last days, God says, that I will pour forth of My Spirit upon all mankind And your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams. Even upon My bond slaves, both men and women I will in those days pour forth of My Spirit and they shall prophesy.

1 Corinthian 12:7-11
But to each one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit for the common good. For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit; to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit, and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills.

1 Corinthians 12:28
And God has appointed in the church, first apostles, second, prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, administrations, various kinds of tongues.

Romans 12:6-10
And since we have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us let each exercise them accordingly; if prophecy, according to the proportion of his faith, if service, in his serving, or he who teaches, in his teaching, or he who exhorts, in his exhortation, he who gives, with liberality, he who leads, with diligence, he who shows mercy, with cheerfulness. Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor evil, cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love, give preference to one another in honor.

1 Corinthians 14:1, 3
Pursue love, yet desire earnestly spiritual gifts, but especially that you may prophesy. But one who prophesies speaks to men for edification and exhortation and consolation.

1 Corinthians 14:39-40
Therefore, my brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak in tongues. But let all things be done properly and in an orderly manner.

Romans 11:29
For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.

2 Timothy 1:6-7
And for this reason I remind you to kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you through the laying on of hands For God has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power and love and discipline.

Are we doing all that He has told us? Are we crying out for more of His Spirit? Are we asking for Miracles and Wonders? Are we looking for them? Are we willing to get out of our comfort zone? Are we willing to be rejected or thought a fool? Are we concerned about the lost? Do we love only with words, or do our actions betray our hearts? Are we looking forward to His return? Are we prepared for it?

No comments: