Thursday, April 1, 2010

Remove the Veil

Lord, I want, no I need You to remove the veil from before my eyes. The things of this world are too real and the things that are true are too distant for me to see. I can no longer be content to accept anything less that all of You in my life and heart. Fill every part of me until there is no more of myself in me. I need You to be the Lord and Master of my life that God intended You to be.
There have been places in my life that I known beyond all doubt that You were there. Your existence caused the very ground to sing Your praise. Peace, Love, and Joy shone brightly from every surface. The wonder, amazement, and astonishment of Your glory and holiness is more than I can grasp. My body trembled and fell in fear from Your presences unable to stand before a mighty and powerful God. My life was never again the same because I had been with You and there was no doubt that I had been touch by You.
There have been times where time itself frozen. I prayed for hours yet it seems but seconds for I was so lost in Your thoughts and dreams that the troubles of this world were not real. There have been times when a single moment of joy lasted a lifetime and I have not wanted to return to this world of troubles and trails below.
There have been times when I have known who I am; a child of the King blessed beyond all imagination, a sinner forgiven and cleansed, a slave, a holy and righteous priest, a might soldier ready for battle, and a victorious general. There have been times when I have run in to my Daddy arm’s crying Abba and known just how much that I am love, wanted and valued. There have been times when I am aware just what my inheritance is and who my Father is. There have been times when I was fully aware that God lives inside me and filled with wonder and awe that He would choose me to be His temple. Why I don’t understand nor can I explain.
There have been times when I have been able to stand in Your power, strength and authority receiving all that You have for me. There have been times when I have had enough faith to move mountains of disease and infirmity. Because I had been with You and in You I could lay hands on the sick and they would recover. Just as I have seen You do, I could speak to pain, cancer, disease and tell it to flee. I could command body parts to function once again. I could say to mountains of unforgiveness, and broken relationship be wiped away. Sometimes I could speak to mountain of pain, sorrow and hurt; and demand that the soul be healed and comforted. I could tell mountains of fear, debt and poverty that they too much go.
There have been times when I could take up the name of Jesus and demand that Satan flee refusing to listen to Satan’s lies, doubts and fear. There have been times when I could say to the curses of disease, addictions, drugs, alcohol, poverty, failures, failed relationships and hopelessness that they are broken. I have declared that its prisoners have been washed and covered by the blood and demand that the demons set them free. There have been times when I have the courage to stand toe to toe with Satan and said, “No this is my child, my father, my brother, my friend and I claim them for the Lord. You cannot touch their hearts, their minds, or hinder God’s call to repent.”
There have been times when I have answer the call, fallen to my knees, and dressed for battle ready to raise the dead. Times when I have bold proclaimed this is my nation, my courts, my leaders, my school, my city, my church and God’s people. I call them back to life. There have been times when I have said to death enough. Aids, drugs, sickness, broken homes, hunger, murder, crime and sin have claimed their share of victims it is time you give up your hold. There have been times when I could no long bear the empty pews, the white wash tombs that sit joylessly out of tradition on Sunday morn and pleaded for hearts to melt, that they find a living God and they awake from death’s grip. There have been times that I have shed tears for those that are lost and don’t even know that they are dying.
There have been times that I said I don’t care what man thinks I will stand for God. Even if man laughs or reject me, I will tell the world of You. I will praise and worship Jesus Christ with songs of joy and thanksgiving even when I hurt for you are faithful to do all You have promised. I will smile and be happy for You are good, merciful, and kind. I will shout, clap and sing for You have blessed me with a future and a hope. I will lift my hands high, jump for joy, and dance in His presences for He has made me righteous. I will say Amen, bow my knee, and fall prostrate at the cross for you have saved my soul and given me life. I will welcome all His gifts for His desire is only to bless me. I will serve even if no one see or knows for He will see. I will give my money, my time, my dreams and my talents for He deserves no less. Even if I am thought a fool or don’t see how to do what He has asked, still I will step out in faith and try.
There have been times when I have said enough pain, sorrow, and rebellion. I have tried my way it doesn’t work and leads only to death. I don’t care what the cost I can no long live like this. Sometime that means I simple say take it, for I do not know how to give it up. But I need a savior and I surrender all to His call. I don’t care what people think or don’t. I don’t care if no one else comes, but I must. I cannot stand to have only parts of the word, parts of truth, parts of Your Spirit. I need all of You. So lift the veil from my eyes that I may clearly see Your face. I cannot live with some of the time anymore. My heart cries out to be filled with all of You, all of the time in all Your fullness. My soul cannot be happy until it reflect Your image, and Your glory. Rest on me Your hand of blessing and let Your love permeate my being until You bring me home again.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 7-28-09

No comments: