Thursday, April 1, 2010

Arise My Banner

Early in the morning, do I rise and seek thee
For sleep fails me, and I toss upon my bed.
The stars still shine their light
But I do not find my answers.
I find no way of escape from my torment.
Tear have flowed from my eyes
Like the mighty river Nile
Until I have no more left to cry.
I have called to You for relief
With sighs and moaning of man and angels
Until my voice has left me.
My throat is dry and parched.
My heart is in deep anguish
Because I have no response from You
And it can find no comfort or contentment.
I long for You to console me
Dry my tears and put joy into my heart again.
I am weary of begging for mercy.
My strength has failed because of my iniquity
And my body has wasted away.
Come quickly Jehovah Nissi.
Look upon my enemies for they are many
And they hate me with a violent hatred
That I do not deserve or merit.
My enemies have conspired together
Digging a mighty trench for me to fall in.
They have told lies and scheme about me.
Not one stood and said this is dishonest.
They have judge and condemned me without a trial.
I give them unto Your hands to judge.
They have accused me of wrongs and faults
That I have not committed
And deprived me of my lively hood.
None are left that believe in my value.
Every door that I have tried has been closed
Because of their slanderous accusations.
Be not far from me, for trouble is near
And there is none that can help but You.
I wait for You do not let me be ashamed.
Send Your angels to camp around me in my defense.
The wick rejoices in their successful plots.
I have become a laughing stock in the town.
I am a reproach to neighbors and acquaintance.
Even my family believes that I am useless
And take pleasure in my heartaches.
Only a few friends dare to come near
Lest my shame and curses fall on them also
And in their heart they wonder
What secret sin I have committed
That my prayers continue to go unanswered
And my blessings are being withheld.
Yet still I praise and worship You
For You are holy, just and perfect.
The sun comes ups but brings no joy for me.
I have neither rest, nor peace in its glad song.
Sorrows fill my day and quench my soul.
My distress is ever before me pulling me down.
Grief fills my soul because of my adversaries.
Vindicate me oh Lord for in You alone I have trusted.
And I am innocent before You.
Deliver me from those who persecute me.
Do not let my enemies prevail against me
And be exalted over me in victory.
Arise and put Your shield before me
And make a way for my escape.
Do not hide Your face from me
For You are still the rock in whom I take refuge.
Remember that I am Abraham’s offspring
And a child of the Most High God.
Look upon my affliction and my trouble,
And forgive all my sin.
Hear, O Lord, the cry of my heart
And do not turn away thy servant in anger
But be gracious to me and answer me.
Do not despise and reject me
Because I am poor and brokenhearted.
Make haste to help me Oh God of Israel.
Restore to me all that the enemy has stolen.
Open heaven doors and pour out Your blessings.
Let me once again find work for my hands.
You alone can provide the means for wealth
And I have many bills to pay.
It is my desire to be able to bless others
Who are also in need and to be a burden to no one.
My debts are mostly my sins, but I am trying to repay.
My failure to be able to do so brings You no glory.
There is no honor in not working; it is against Your will.
I will serve were You put me,
But please answer me quickly and wait no longer
For I have fallen and cannot get up on my own.
Pour out Your love once again on me.
I still need You with ever breathe that I take
My Lord, My King, and My Savior.


Kathy Barnes
Copyright 7-26-09

No comments: