Monday, April 5, 2010

Tremble at God's Love

Oh, Lord my God, Adonai
I tremble at Your presences.
Your holiness and righteousness
Cause me to fall down in awe of You.
How does one stand before such splendor?
The power of Your love
Makes me to shake and quiver within
My heart jumping and skipping beats.
It is beyond my ability to comprehend.
It is so strong that I can hardly believe it’s true.
No one else loves as You do
Totally , completely and unconditionally.
It is absolutely beautiful, and perfect
Pleasing and exquisite like a flawless diamond.
It is superb and magnificent above
Anything that man can give to me.
It is more precious that pure gold or silvers.
It is too wonderful for me to grasp and understand
I cannot wrap my mind around its unyielding strength
For nothing can break it away from me.
You know everything about me, yet You still love me.
You love me when others would turn away from me.
You love me despite of selfish and evil thoughts
You love me when I am unlovable and full of hate.
You love me when even I cannot love me.
You may despise my actions but never me.
You even adopt me as Your own child.
You pour out Your spirit on me renewing my soul.
You are always with me, and you never abandon me.
I do not have to be afraid of everything for You are there.
You protect me from the storms of life.
You are peace and a safe port in the storm.
You do not leave me to make my own way
With no hope, no future, and no joy
But You make a way for me when there is none.
You provide for my every need.
You even give to me the authority to act
In Your name and Your powerful might.
You are a true and faithful friend.
You are happy to see me and spend time with me.
You are never too busy to listen to my heart.
You cry with me, You laugh with me, You comfort me.
You desire to give good gifts to me.
It pleases You to see me happy and successful.
You chart a course for my benefit and pleasure.
Blessing upon blessing You give to servant.
You are my master, but I do not have to be afraid of You.
For You are so gentle, so kind, so caring, and so tender.
My shame and disgrace bring You no joy.
You are willing to share all that You have with me;
Your blessings of power, victory, health and prosperity.
You wipe away my every tear and bind my heartaches.
Your love knows no limits and is everlasting.
I can do nothing to cause You to forsake me.
You are faithful to forgive my failing if I but ask
And You never bring them up again.
It is hard for me even to accept that kind of love.
I have been hurt so many times
That Your I love feels wrong
And it is painful to me even to hear to spoke.
Still my soul cries out for that kind of love
And I would die a thousand deaths without it.
How do you say thanks for a love
That is willing to die for me?
How do you give enough praise
To the one who paid my debt?
How do you give enough glory
To the one who gave me His righteousness?
How can I return that kind of love?
Can I write enough praise?
Can I sing enough hymns?
Can I serve enough?
Can I give enough sacrifice?
Maybe in a thousand years I can make a start.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 7-23-09

No comments: