Monday, April 5, 2010

The Promise

I have been angry with God and I have been put to shame.
This clay has said to the potter, “What are you doing?”
I lack understand and wisdom. I thought myself equal to God.
I said I know best and this is not fair.
I presented my case, brought forward my strongest argument.
I cried to God to explain to me His reasoning
But He did not answer me for I was a fool.
Woe has come to me because I have quarreled with my Maker.
The justice due me did not escape the notice of my God
Because of my raging and grumbling against Him
And because of my arrogance and pride.
His hand of blessing He removed from me
And gave to me instead a hook for my nose
That I might learn humility, my power, and my wisdom.
Depression and sorrows were my only friend
And the little faith I had abandon me.
I wandered in the wilderness for many days
Until thirst and starvation over took me.
I could not stand before the consuming fire of the Holy One
And the continual burning within the bitterness of my soul.
As I lay dying I remembered my true form and my spirit cried out,
Was it not the Lord, against whom I have sinned,
And in whose ways I would not walk, and would not obey?
Jesus Christ forgive me once again I begged.
Restore me to health and let me live!
I will again bow my knee to Your will.
I will again offer up to You the sacrifice of Praise.
I will again give thank for all that You have done.
I will again declare Thy faithfulness and goodness.
I will again fall down from the weight of Your Holiness.
I will again bask in Your presences and wonder.
I will again serve my Maker and Creator.
I will again be a witness of Your love.

Not because I deserved it or merit it, but for His own sake
He heard my cry and answered me in His faithfulness.
I will not give My glory to another,
Nor my praise to graven images.
I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
And I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.
You have burdened Me with your sins,
You have wearied me with your iniquities.
Yet you have not relied on me and have become weary of Me.
It is I who wipe out your transgression for My own sake.
It is I who choose to remember them no more.
You have rejected me, but I not rejected you
Because you have humbled yourself at the foot of the cross.
The grass withers, the flower fades,
But my Word stands forever
My covenant of love I will not break.
You are my servant, whom I have chosen
Descendant of Abraham, my friend.
I am your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb
I have created you for My glory
And you will not be forgotten by me for I am faithful.
I called you by your name, and gave you a title of honor
Though you did not yet know me.
Do not fear, for I am with you,
Do not anxiously look about you, for I am Your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help You,
Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name; you are Mine!
When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.
When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched.
Since you are precious in My sight,
Since you are honored and I love you
I will give other men in your place
And other peoples in exchange for your life.
Do not fear, for I am for you.
I will never leave or forsake you.
Neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities,
Nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers,
Nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing,
Shall be able to separate you from my love.
There is no longer any condemnation in you
For you are know my adopted child set free from slavery.
I am conforming you into the image of my Son.
I will cause all things to work together for your good and my purpose.
You can trust me because heaven and earth will pass away
But My word never will. It is every faithful every true.
It will not return to me void without accomplishing
That which I sent it forth for I am the Great I AM.
It is my good pleasure to give to you every good gift
And every spiritual blessing so that you want for nothing.
Place your faith in me and you will see that it will be.
But above all be still and know that you are loved.
Open up yourself to receive all of me for there
You will find my mercy, my joy, my peace, my hope and my healing.
When the storms come and you cannot see my hand
Look into my face, my eyes, and my heart
And know that all is well with your soul
For He that is in you in greater that he that is in the world.
You have sow in tears but shall reap with joyful shouting
For the Lord your God, the Rock on which you stand
Promises are forever true regardless of what you do.

Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep Thy word.
It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I may learn Thy statutes.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 2-3-2010

No comments: