Thursday, April 1, 2010

Rise Again

Rise Again

My soul cries out to You. Oh, Lord
My mind is torn apart with worries and trouble.
The tears run freely day and night like a mighty river.
Fear and heartache have overtaken me and dragged me down to the pit.
Joy and Hope have abandoned my broken heart
Withering like a flower in the heat of day.
My body began to turn back to the dust from which it came
And I despaired from the thoughts of the trials of another day
The obstacles too many, and the pains too great to bear.
Satan said, “God has forgotten You. You are finished.”

Somewhere deep inside a small quite voice says. “I am here.”
“You are not alone and I still love you.”
“I have a plan, a hope and a future for you.”
“I will not give You more than you can take.”
“I know the path ahead of you and the way you should go.”
“Trust me to give you only what is best for you.”
“You can only see the present, but I see the future.”
“Remember Who I am.”

So I took my eyes off me and looked up.
He begged me to step out and walk on water.
He showed me the times he carried me along the seashore.
He reminded me of the times that we dance in the fires
And He parted the sea so we could walk on dry land.
He caused the sun to stand still so the battle went in our favor.
He descended down to the pit of Hell to free me from death hold
And lifted me back up to solid ground.

I felt my heart start to revive and my soul sing again.
I refused to remain in this valley and released my faith.
I said to the mountain move out of my way.
I am going to rise again for I know where my victory lies.
It can be found buried in the promises of God’s word.
It can be found in the strength and faithfulness of His heart.
I will cling to the rock of my salvation until I rise again.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 11-10-09

No comments: