Thursday, April 1, 2010

Names of God

El Ohim- My Creator

You spoke and the Earth and Heaven came into existence.
Your power hung the sun, the moon, and stars.
By Your charge the seasons and day where set in place.
At Your command, the land formed and the mountain rose.
By Your authority, the sky and seas knows their limit.
Your might is great beyond our understanding.
Nothing is too great or impossible for You to do.
You are the author of all live in existence.
Every form live came from Your great imagination.
At Your directive every animal and plant was created
According to Your instructions and wisdom
From the giant redwood to the minute nat.
At Your decree the angels came into being
And they willing obey your every decree.
With Your hand You did take clay and shape man
In Your image, likeness, and glory
In perfect form for the task, You have for him.
Then You counted his days and breathe into him life
Knowing everything that he would ever accomplish
And showing mercy for the failures he would create.
You poured out Your excessive love upon him
And declared that all You created was very good.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

El Roi- The God Who Sees

You look upon all Your creations
And say it is blessed and wonderful
For You see it as You intended it to be
With all the possibility still in place.
You see the future, past and present.
You see inside the heart of man.
Man’s heart can bring You pain
When You see the ugly dark hideous sin in it
And the sorrow that comes from following that road
Into death, and the pits of Hell.
Man’s heart can bring You joy
When You see that it is turn back to You
And is surrendered and yield to Your will
And lift back to You in praise and thanksgiving.
You see it all the good, the bad, and the secret
For nothing is beyond Your view.
You cry with us when we hurt.
You laugh with us when we are happy.
You inhabit our praise and bring joy.
But You also saw the need for one to save us
And what it would cost to complete the task.
You had to watch as Your heart was broke by man.
You were blessed to observe You Son’s righteousness
As He made You the proud Father by yielding to Your will.
You watch Him die, descend to Hell and rise again.
You see also Him sitting upon His throne in glory.
You see each of us bending our knee to Him.
You see each of us living eternally in Heaven or Hell
For You see our true hearts.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

El Shaddai- All Sufficient One

You are sufficient for all our needs.
You are the great I AM of Israel.
You are more than adequate to handle life’s troubles.
You have a more than ample supply of blessings
No matter what the situation or problem.
You own all the cattle on a thousand hills.
All the gold, silver and diamond in the world belong to you.
The birds are feed by You, although they do not work.
The lilies are dressed in fine array and splendor.
The rose cannot contain the perfume of your spirit.
You designed man’s form and You know how correct it ills.
You know what he needs and thinks he needs
And are wise enough to give what is required
And often choose to bless us with even more than is essential.
You are bigger than our biggest worries.
You are mightier than our strongest foe.
Even Death, itself, is inadequate to defeat You.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

El Elyon- God Most High Who is in Control.

Man in his arrogance believes that he is in charge.
He falsely thinks that he can rule the world or even himself.
Kings believe that they rule the nations and set the order of things.
The general believe that he rules his soldiers.
The soldiers believe that they determined the outcome of the battle.
The wealthy trust that their dollars protect them from troubles.
The sick trust that the doctor is the answer.
Parents hope that they can control their child.
Man proudly lifts his head and says, “I can do it by myself.”
They are all fools for You alone determine the fate of the Earth.
The farmer still knows just who holds the rain and sunshine
And who cause the sun and moon to come up.
The poor, helpless and enslaved still know from where their help comes
And it is not from the government, but You.
You will take the wealth from the wicked and give it to the righteous.
One day a little nation, Israel, will defeat the world’s great army
Because You have said it will be and your word will come to pass.
You will bring a ruler to power and bring down the world’s king.
You will cease all wars and declare peace.
The fate of the world and man is in Your hands alone.
We only dream of having Your power and control.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

Jehovah Sabaoth- Lord of Host

Lord of Host is great and mighty in battle
Driving sinful man out of Eden garden.
He can rain fire down from heaven to scorch the Earth
Burning up crops, trees and vines.
Pour out rains enough to flood all land
And taking with it the lives of all creatures big and small
That are not under His protection.
He can turn the waters of the mighty Nile to blood.
The blood of the nations He can spill out at God command.
Nations rise and fall as He decreases, not by their might.
Great plagues are in His cup to pour out as He wills
That they may burn, eat and destroy life.
Death sickle claims its victims at His biding.
His sword knows no fear and is faithful to find His mark.
It is swift, sure and sharp cut to the heart of man.
He leads legions of angels to cut down the sinful man
Unleashing sufferings, anguishes, and distress everywhere
That sin and evil has found it hiding place.
With earthquakes and storms He knock down man’s towers
As if they were children’s building blocks.
He causes the sea to devour horses, chariots and riders
In one small swallow, great and mighty armies are gone.
The Devil and demons tremble in fear
At the mere mention of Jesus name
For it can defeat every lie and curse,
Every disease and even Death.
They know also that it is only a matter of time
Until they are thrown into the pit of Hell
To be tormented and tortured in agony
With no escape until the ends of time
For their rebellion against God Almighty.

All power, strength and might belong to You
You have domination over all things
In heaven and on Earth below.
The Earth obeys Your laws of nature.
At Your word, the mountains will fall into the ocean.
By Your authority the rain fall and hold back.
By Your say the waters part or flood the Earth.
You are commander in chief of all the angels.
At Your word they obey You ever desire.
Your rule by Your mighty right arm.
Your supremacy is without question.
Demons and the Devil flee at Your word.
Jesus name is enough to break their hold and curse on man.
Christ’s blood can save the foulest man,
Washing away all sin and breaking it hold.
Death was defeated on the old rugged cross.
One day soon at the name of Jesus one day, every knee will bow
Be it; angel, demon, or man saved or lost.
Be it: king, slave, or free man
Be he: rich or poor in Earth, or rich or poor in Heaven
All will be grasped in His potent hand to do with as God pleases
For no forces can stand before the almighty God of Abraham.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

Jehovah Jireh- The Lord will Provide.

Lord, You supply the sun and rain.
It is You that give us life and breathe
And supply our every need in this world.
You bestow on us Your daily bread.
Rain down Manna from Heaven.
Fruits, vegetables, grain and meat of every kind
You cause the Earth to bring forth.
You give us the ability to earn a living.
You supply shelter from the storm,
Protection underneath Your arm.
You present a way of escape when there is none.
You afford victory when we are facing defeat.
You grant us the many blessing of Your word.
You provide instructions for us on how to live.
You offered up Your body as sacrifice for our healing.
You provide us a lamb to save us from our sin.
You grant forgiveness and mercy though we do not deserve it.
You endow us with Your precious Holy Spirit
You afford us the ability to come into Your presences.
You bestow to us the right to be called Your child.
You impart a love as deep as the oceans,
As high as the heavens above the Earth,
As wide as two outstretched arms.
It cannot be shaken or removed
For it is as it has been from the beginning of time
Until the end of time inexhaustible and unquenchable.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

Jehovah Rapha- The One Who Heals

The Lord gives grace to the afflicted.
Anxiety in my heart weighs it down,
But God’s Word fills it with gladness
And releases His blessing upon me.
A tranquil heart is life to the body
And the fear of the Lord is a fountain of life.
My flesh and my heart may fail me,
My spirit may be dry and my bones break,
Sorrows and pain my afflict me,
But I will remember to fear the Lord and repent
For if I do not try to hid my sin from Him
He is faithful and just to forgive it and remove it.
Then He will bring healing to my body
And refreshment to my bones once more.
The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
And saves those who are crushed in spirit.
He has great compassion on us, and binds our every wound.
He heals not only bodies, but souls and emotions as well.
Relationships are not beyond His healing power.
Bless the Lord oh my Soul. Remember all His benefits.
Recall that by His stripes all my diseases are healed.
And by His bruising all my iniquities are pardon.
Meditate on His goodness and compassion.
Rest in His presents and renew your strength
So that you can again fly with the eagles.
Abide in Him and He will restore the lost years.
For He Himself knows our frame.
He still breathes life into us each day.
He is mindful that we are but dust.
Receive His healing balm joyfully
For it is good medicine for the heart.
He still moves in the hearts of His children
Performing miracles for His glory to be seen
And His promises are fulfilled here on Earth.
One day soon, we will however be totally healed
And we will not know pain or sorrow any longer.
Look forward to that blessed and wonderful day.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

Jehovah Nissi- My Banner

Sound the trumpet in Zion and lift high His banner.
I will sing for joy over Christ’s banner of victory
I will taste and see that the Lord is good
For Jesus’ banner over me is love everlasting.
I love thee O Lord with all my heart.
You are my stronghold and my shield,
My Redeemer, and the horn of my Salvation.
In You name I am blessed with refuse, and comfort.
It is a strong tower to which the righteous run
And I find safety in it for He protect His anointed.
I will not boast in chariots, sword, or horses
But the strong and mighty right hand of the Lord.
In my distress, I called to Him and he heard me from His holy hill.
His angels encamp all around me because my heart trusts in him.
He subdues my enemies before me because I fear Him.
He girds me with strength and delivers me from calamity.
The Lord is mighty in battle and uplifts my head in glory.
He executes vengeance for me while I am in His sanctuary.
The Lord is on my side and man, demons, death and Hell
Cannot prevail against His mighty banner of love.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

Jehovah Shalom- God of Peace

Peace I give to you my children.
Be not afraid of storms that come in the night.
I am with you and you are not alone.
Fear not when you hear of war and rumor of war.
I have overcome the world.
I will set the table before your enemies
And you will relax, rest, and eat with me.
Do not be tossed about by the waves.
I can still calm the seas and walk on water.
Trouble and worries will not overwhelm you
For you will rest in me and I will keep you.
You sleep will be sweet and your rest complete.
And sit at my feet and listen to my voice.
My children come into my holy tent and relax.
Rest in it for you will find my protection.
I will send my guardian angels to keep you.
You will find my provisions in times of woe.
I will cause even your enemies to be at peace with you.
I can supply all your needs, and so much more.
Leave your care and worried behind on the alter
Take up my yoke for it is light because I am there.
Trust in me and all fear must flee for it is not in me.
Like I did with Peter I will send an angel to free you.
So let not you heart be troubled by the chains of life.
Do not let things run you ragged and steal your time.
Be still and know that I am God.
Plant your feet like the might oak deep
Beside the river of living water.
I will give you joy, hope, rest
And peace that passed understand unto you.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

Jehovah Raah- The Lord is My Shepherd

Once I had gone astray. I was lost and dying,
But like the good shepherd You are, You found me and rejoiced.
You came and searched for me and brought me home
Carrying me upon Your strapping shoulders.
You rescued me from all my many troubles.
I want for nothing for You meet my every need.
You leads me to pastures green with life
And cause me to rest beside the quite waters of peace.
My strength and health thou does restore to me
Cause my soul to be well with me.
Thy holy hands blesses my head and heart
Anointed me with the oil of righteousness and wisdom.
I am no longer afraid for You are with me
I follow every step of the path on which You lead me.
You will not let me wander off into dangerous pits.
My enemies You will subdue and bring to shame.
I am in Your hand and nothing can take me from You.
Your goodness and loving kindness will always be with me.
By Your sacrifice, I am forgiven and brought back into the fold.
Your flock will dwell in Your house forever.
Thy people and the sheep of thy pasture
Will give thanks to Thee forever
To all generations we will tell of Thy praise
For Thou are the good and mighty Shepherd.
Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

Jehovah Shammah- The Lord is There.

At the Being and End of time, the Lord can be found.
The Lord is found blowing on the wind.
He is located in the North, the South, the East and the West.
Be it cold or hot, wet or dry He is there.
In the depths of the ocean, He is found.
At the end of the universe, He also exists.
The light from His presences shines across the heaven.
The Lord’s tent is located on the holy hills of Zion.
In the past, a burning bush He made His habitat.
Situated above the Mercy Seat, He also rested.
Wherever there is holiness and love, He is there.
Wherever there is joy and hope, He is there.
He can be found at the altar with the humble
Or washing away the sin of the repentant.
On an old rugged cross, He was nailed there by love.
He was laid in a tomb, but it could not hold Him.
He descended unto the Pit of Hell and took it keys
Then rose back up unto clouds of Paradise.
Angels now bow before Him where He sits on heaven’s throne.
His presences rest upon His blessed Jerusalem and Israel.
He inhabits the praise of His people from the four corners of the Earth.
His Spirit gives wing to their prayers all the way to heaven’s door.
He dries the tears of the orphans, widows, and poor.
When the sick and brokenhearted are healed, He is there.
Wherever two are three are gathered in His name He can be found.
His abides in the hearts of His children.
He walks with the righteous wherever they go.
He is in the heart and soul of all who worship Him.
In the many miracles of life, He can still be found.
In every place and every time He is there.
At the end of life journey, He awaits us
Either to rest in His present forever or to be cast away.
I choose to be there with Him.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

Abba- Daddy

I wake slowly from a deep sweet sleep
Nestled snuggly in my Daddy arms.
I look up at His face and say I love You.
He smiles back and says I loved you first.
We both laugh and hug each other’s neck.
I beg Him to tell me another story and another one.
I love to hear His voice and see Him smile.
He talks for hours although it seems a moment.
Each story has a pearl of wisdom hidden in it.
He rejoices when I find the treasure in His words.
He has the biggest heart in all creation.
There is none as sweet, kind, and loving as He.
He is stronger and more robust than thousand angels are.
He takes my hand gentle and says walk beside me.
We go walking through the garden in the cool of the morning.
He shows me all the things He made;
The sun that warm the day and wakes up everything,
The mist that rises across the pond and dances upward.
He shows me a beautiful colored rainbow of promise,
The brook of living water that laughs and jumps along the way,
The big patch of velvety grass on which to roll and play in peace,
The mighty oak that give us shade and protection,
The eagle that flies so high into the sky soaring to the heavens,
A delicate butterfly that sits resting content upon a rose.
We talk of long ago and how thing should have been.
He reaches up and hands me a piece of fruit to eat.
I taste and it is good, sweet and refreshing to me.
He grows sad and tells of when His children disobey Him,
And they lost everything and hid even from His presences
Then He proudly told of another child that did all He asked.
One that He sent to bring the lost children home.
He explained that He send a precious gift
So they would know that He still loves them
And He is willing to forgive all they have done.
Just as He had done for me, when I was lost.
He places His hand upon my head and poured out
Blessing after blessing upon me.
He kissed my head and soft said,
Child if you loved me, go to lost children
And do the things you seen me do
Tell them about me and that I still love them.
Show them the way home and how to live
Until we can be united once again.
I did not want to leave His glory, or take my eye of Him
But He said don’t worry I placed a piece of me
Inside your heart so I am never away from you.
Just as someone once came in search of me
I now go in search of lost lambs for my Father.
They need to know just how great a Daddy He is.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

Adonai- My Lord and Master

I find that it is easy to say my Lord,
Especially when I want something
Health, money, love, peace or blessing.
I find that is very hard to live it.
He is a very sweet and merciful master
Wanting only my best. Yet I rebel.
His yoke is light and not burdensome to bear.
But it does require that I give up all my so called rights.
He gets to choose the path I walk, not I because He is the Creator.
He gets to pick my friends and where we go because He is Lord.
He gets to plan my day and how I serve because He is master.
I would not choose all the paths He picks, but He is wise.
Often that means I have to trust Him to keep His word
And look beyond what my eyes see to His hand of provision.
Sometimes I have to go through trials
So that I can help other in theirs.
Sometime He asks that I give to others
When I don’t think I have enough for me.
Sometime I have to look inside myself
For strength and power that only He can give.
I get to spend time with Him in prayer
And go to His house for worship.
Sometime that mean I can’t play as much as I want.
I no longer have the right to say,
I hate you, I will not forgive you
For he has forgiven me of so much more than I deserve.
My temper is not mine to loose
And loving others is not optional.
By far the hardest thing for me to do
Is admitting that I am not He nor will I ever be.
Pride said I can do it, I know best.
But it lies to my heart and mind.
I have been bought at a terrible price
My ransom has been paid in full.
So once more I bend my knee at the foot of the cross
And say, I surrender all to you.
It is still a daily choice, sometimes more often.
I often fail but I try again the next day
Not to earn my freedom for I could never pay that debt.
But because He loved me enough to pay it.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

Mekoddishkem- The Lord who Cleanse Sin.

I once was lost in sin’s great hold.
It had wormed it way into my heart a little at a time
Until I surrendered all my soul to it.
Its black and deadly hold, controlled my will
And I did not even know I was it prisoner.
But one day love came down and shone it light.
It pierced my cold and uncaring heart
And I got my first look at who I am.
I saw the filth and ugliness inside me.
I realized that I needed a savior to rescue me.
Love dared enough to take my sin away from me
And placed it upon it pure and holy frame.
It dared enough to pay the debt that I could not.
Defying reason it choose to be nailed upon a cross
And Jesus die upon it to set me free from sins’ hold.
Shedding His precious blood, He sanctifies my sin.
Because of His wonderful gift, I have salvation.
He washed me with His blood and made me whole again.
My sins, once crimson red, are now white as snow.
At far as the East is from the West
So far has He removed them from me.
He cleanse my heart of all unrighteousness, purifying it
And replaced it with His Holy Spirit.
I can never say thanks enough for all that He has done
And I will ever cherish that old rugged cross.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

Tsidkenu- Lord My Righteousness

Jesus, You spilled Your blood on the cross
So that You could give me the garment of salvation.
You were perfect and holy in every way without sin
So that You could place, Your robe of righteousness on me.
With it came the right to come before the Father
To call Him Daddy and look into His face
Without fear and condemnation for my sins.
I can expect Him to respond to me
Just as He would to respond to You.
For when He looks at me, He is really seeing You.
With it comes the expectation of His many blessings.
Wisdom, healing, money, power and strength for trails
Comes from the pockets of Your robe.
From Your holy crown placed upon my head
Hope, joy and love cascades down on me.
I know that God loves me unconditional
And will gladly meet my needs and dreams.
I am aware that He has heard my every prayer
And that the answers to them are already on it way
From heaven door down to me below
Even if I cannot see them manifest before me.
With it comes the authority that Christ has
For performing miracles, cast out demons
Even raising the dead back to live.
The aura of righteousness cause my light to shine before men
And reflex God’s glory back to His abode.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

Shadday- Divine Power to Judge

We like to think that we know right and wrong
But we did not create life here on Earth.
Morals were given to us from the Word of God
Set before time began they decide the course of man.
We did not set the plumb line for the commandments
That measures the conditions in heart of Man
But they were set by a holy, pure and just Almighty.
In the Holy Scriptures, all truth is found.
It provides wisdom to the simple making known the law
And teaching the principles of life and health.
Jesus pathway is a light for us to follow.
It shows the only way to walk in righteousness before God.
The scales of life and death are set before us
Our choices determine our fate and destiny
For we cannot earn our place in heaven
But only obtain it from the gift of grace offered at the cross.
The saints and angels watch from up above.
They will one day administer His final judgment.
He will come again to rule this Earth in that day.
In that day, He will no long hold back His hand
But give to man the consequences of His evil hearts.
God’s law and will is finial and we have no appeal.
His sword will be great, mighty, powerful, and terrifying
Splitting Man’s heart and soul to the core
And revealing the righteous and the condemned.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09

Paracleteous- Holy Spirit

I stand in awe and wonder of Your presences inside me.
That You would choose to leave heaven’s glory
And be trapped inside this Earthly body
Dwelling and inhabiting my heart and mind
Amazes, astonish and surprises me.
You teach me to fear and respect God
You enlighten me with Words of Bible,
Giving wisdom and understanding.
You bring to my remembrance all that is in the Word.
So that I might know right and wrong.
So that I might know the way of life or death.
You encourage me to speak that Holy Word
And release God’s blessing in my life.
When I stray from the mark before me
You show me my heart and failing.
My offenses and transgressions You do not hide from me.
You correct my path and guide my way
Back to the course, the Lord would have me walk.
You stand before my Judge and Jury
And intercede for me, pleading my case for life unto Him
The blood of Jesus, You offer as my covering.
When the circumstances and situation are beyond me
You know exactly which word to say to God for me.
When I cannot voice my prayers and hopes
You plea my requests for me perfectly
Speaking in the heavenly language of love.
When I cannot voice my sorrows and my tears flow
You comfort me and hold me in Your arms
And dry my every tears replacing them with joy.
Peace, joy and hope You bestow on me
When I am still in the middle of the storm.
You help me to praise the Almighty God
While my heart is broken and dishearten.
It is You that give me strength to stand the trails.
It is Your power that give me faith to go forward.
It is by Your mighty hand that healing and miracles come.
In Your presents all the demons and Satan must flee
For they must yield to Your victorious strength.
Because You are with me I need not be afraid
For You have overcome the world.
I am truly blessed by knowing Your heart
I beg that You will always reside in mine.
So let Your Spirit fall fresh on me again
And revive my body, mind and soul.

Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-26-09





Yeshua- Jesus

Oh, how sweet is the marvelous name of Jesus.
It is the most wonderful and sacred name in all world
For it is in that name that I am saved and sanctified.
It is in that awesome name that I am given new life and hope.
Because of His powerful name, my chains of bondage
Are broken and I am set free from the captive of sin.
By His name I am set free from Death’s grip and Hell.
It is by His blood and righteous name that I receive God’s mercy
And am wash free of all my dreadful ugly sins.
It is by His blood and hallowed name that I receive God’s grace.
I am give access to God’s holy presences and blessing
And the ability to enter Heaven’s glory and power.
Ever knee in Heaven and Earth will bow at that great name.
It is the fear of that name that causes the demons to tremble.
It is that name which emancipates us from Satan’s hold
Of fear, sickness, drug abuse, sexual failing, poverty and death.
At the precious and beautiful name, of Jesus Christ,
The angels in heaven sing songs in admiration and respect.
The never fail to worship that glorious name.
At His desire the angels minster into man.
The treasured name of Jesus has amazing and astonishing effect.
It heals the broken hearted and restores his soul,
It brings healing to the flesh and heart of man.
The blind see, the deaf hear, the lame walk,
The leper is cleansed, sick recover grow strong.
Cancer is required to flee from the body by His name.
The keys of Death were surrender unto that consecrated name.
It is at that majestic and powerful name that the Earth’s quakes
And the mountain fall down into the ocean.
By the authority of the name of Jesus the sea waves are calmed.
It is a name that will always be cherished and esteem.
It that name that one day will rule and judge the world.
Heaven itself will be under the righteous reign of Jesus name.
Kathy Barnes
Copyright 6-27-09

No comments: