Thursday, April 1, 2010

Beautiful

Lord, you are so beautiful to me
The intensity and brilliance of Your Spirit’s light
Radiates deep within my essence of my core
And reveal the desires of my heart for love.
Like a river of living waters, it revives my being
Bringing new life to a decaying body.
Your spirit is like a breath of fresh air
That warms my soul and set it on fire
Consuming all the impurity in my heart
Until only the essence of Your spirit remains.
Your loveliness takes my breath away
And melts my hard heart turning it into clay
To be shaped by the Master’s hand.
You spirit moves as a mighty wind
Pressing me ever closer to Your heart.
It music strums across my heart’s strings
Playing them song of joy, hope and blessings.
I fall down in awe of your holy presence
Unable to stand in such splendor and glory
For it is exquisite and magnificence beyond compare.
It splendor is more dazzling than thousand stars
That dance across the night sky.
It is more reassuring than the warm morning sun
After weeks of winters cold hard freezing snow.
It is more joyful and cheerful
Than the robins announcement of spring.
There is a gentleness and peace about it that calms
The stormy seas of worry and tides of fear
That crash upon the shores of life.
It is the tenderness of Mother’s kiss on a newborn babe
Or a comfort found is a Father’s embracing arms of his child
Or a Groom’s soothe caress of His loving bride.

The grandeur of such love overwhelm me.
Time freezes and all that matters is its existence.
It is more priceless and precious than life itself
For it knows no limit, no restraints, and no bounds.
It offers adoration and devotion even though undeserved
And demonstrates its eternal and everlasting extravaganza of love.
It grace and mercy engulf my spirit from deep within
Overpowering my soul and setting it free to love again.
Resting in its mighty power and strength
I can feel all of Heaven and Earth move at it biding.
I am passionate in my desire to see the beauty of God
Totally consume my heart, my mind, my soul, and spirit.
The elegance of God’s perfect love leaves me
Only crying for more of it in my life.
It’s holiness deserves my reverence and adulation
It’s beauty demands my eternal love and worship.

Kathy Barnes
Copyrighted 2-5-2010

No comments: